Quest Legal Pty LtdABN 20 612 728 864
Protecting your privacy
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that we collect, and the ways in which we use that personal information.
Our Website and its use complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) when we handle personal information. The Privacy Act contains 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which provide the rules for how we must handle your personal information, including how you can request access to, and correction of, that information. Detailed information on the Privacy Act and the APPs can be found on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Meaning of words
- related body corporate has the meaning given in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth); and
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
Your personal information
"Personal information" is information about an individual who is either identified in the information or their identity can be ascertainable from it. It includes information obtained from the individual or from a third party.
Personal information held by us includes your name, address and occupation, your telephone or mobile phone numbers and email address.
How we use your personal information
We do not ordinarily collect any information about you except where you provide it to us, or it is provided to us with your consent. In general, we do not use or disclose personal information collected about you other than for:
- a purpose you would reasonably expect;
- a purpose required or permitted by law; or
- a purpose otherwise disclosed to you or for which you have consented.
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity when you request our services or make an enquiry of the same;
- provide you with any information you have requested;
- inform you about any services, programs, campaigns, activities or other initiatives undertaken by Quest Legal Pty Ltd;
- facilitate your involvement in any programs, campaigns, activities or other initiatives undertaken by Quest Legal Pty Ltd;
- manage our relationship with you; and
- administer, improve and manage our firm and the services it provides.
Disclosures of personal information
We may exchange your information with our related bodies corporate and licensees so that we may adopt an integrated approach. We and our related bodies corporate and licensees may use this information for any of the purposes mentioned in section 4.
We may also disclose personal information about you, as appropriate, to:
- our employees, assignees, agents, contractors and external advisers;
- organisations which verify your identity;
- your agents, advisers, referees, executor, administrator, trustee, the beneficiary of any trust of which you are a trustee, your guardian, attorney or franchisor;
- law enforcement, regulatory and government bodies;
- anyone who introduces you to us;
- your and our auditors, insurers or prospective insurers and their underwriters;
- any person we consider necessary to execute your instructions; and
- other organisations (and their agents) with whom we have arrangements for the supply and marketing of our respective programs, campaigns and initiatives, unless you ‘opt out’ of marketing (see below).
From time to time we may send your information overseas, including to overseas service providers or other third parties who operate or hold data outside Australia. Where we do this, we make sure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities.
Marketing 'opt out'
If at any time you do not wish to receive further marketing information, you may ask us not to send you any further information about services and not to disclose your information to other organisations for that purpose. You may do this by contacting us at email@example.com.
Personal information about third parties
Maintaining the accuracy of your information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you believe that personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
Accessing your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We may also charge a fee for giving you access to your personal information and will try to deal with your request within a reasonable time.
Security & the internetWe maintain strict procedures and standards and take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to, or unauthorised modification or disclosure of, your personal information and to protect it from misuse or loss.
However, we do not guarantee that information sent over the internet is secure.
Cookies on our website
We may use 'cookies' on our website. A cookie is an industry standard and is a small text file that our website may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our website to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of our website.
Cookies may collect and store personal information about you. We extend the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used.